While Jesse and Devin were on the RAC, Branden and I had our own fun. Mostly.
The first couple of days I got a lot of my to-do list done. It's amazing how much can get done when there are no interruptions and no one else needs my attention. I prepped a lot for Branden's graduation, went through a lot of school stuff we don't need anymore, caught up on some learning videos, reading that I've wanted to do, worked on my website for teaching homeschool classes and signing up to be a PCA vendor, worked on some planning for the reunion, and more.
I also worked on some training for my half marathon. I did my first 10-mile run. It went pretty well. Better than I expected in some ways. But by the end, my legs felt pretty wobbly. I had some things to figure out for that, so I could last longer. Looks like I wasn't fueling properly.
One afternoon, after getting a lot done in the morning, I took myself to the beach and just relaxed there for a few hours. Just sitting and reading and enjoying the quiet all on my own. And I could just stay as long as I wanted because no one was at home waiting for me. (Don't get me wrong - I love my family and my life is loving and caring for them. But it's nice to have a little time to just let go of all the responsibility and just get things done or just be still and relaxed with no worries.)
Branden was working a lot and had his Paloamr classes, so I didn't see him much. But one evening, we set aside some time to have a fun evening together. I took him to my favorite little pizza and gelato place in Encinitas called Gelati Pecati. Mmmmm ya. It is so good. Fun time out together. We also watched more of The Last Dance which is the documentary on Michael Jordan.
Then the last few days of the break, I got sooooo sick. I can't remember the last time I got sick like that. I felt terrible. So spent a couple of days mostly lying around, sleeping, resting, trying to take care of myself. I worked on a puzzle as well. I guess it was fortunate I was off of seminary, school, responsibilities, so I didn't have to worry about not getting anything done. But it was unfortunate that this was my special time for me, and I spent almost half of it sick. On the bright side, on my worst day, when I didn't want to make anything for myself to eat, Branden was working and brought me home a bottle of OJ and a bowl of chicken noodle soup from Chick-fil-a. So awesome.
We went up to Julian together to see Jesse and Devin. And Saturday was the 7-year anniversary of my dad's passing. I was home alone all day. I thought I'd be sad about that, but since I was sick, I just chilled and watched some of my Dad's favorite movies. Overall, it was a pretty good week.

No comments:
Post a Comment