Well, just after the reunion, I found a single sofa chair on Facebook marketplace that I really liked. Devin and I drove down to Spring Valley and picked it up. The first piece of furniture for the changing space. I realized I didn't just want to store furniture in the garage until I had everything, so we started making the changes right then. I figured if I sort of moved things around in that room so that as one piece of furniture was purchased, it could just replace that one item. Thus began the big shuffle.
I started putting all of the homeschool stuff that I really didn't need anymore into a box, so I could start trying to sell it on Facebook marketplace. We moved the big bookshelves around, got rid of the old tables in the middle of the room. We started looking for a different computer desk to use in that room. Early on, I started getting a little frustrated because although my heart and mind was willing to serve as RS president, I just felt frustrated how much time it was taking and that after 4 years of seminary, I was really hoping to have a bit of a break to focus on some things at home. And I felt like that just wasn't possible. But as we were driving home from picking up a lamp from someone, we drove past our stake center and Jesse noticed someone dropping off a desk they didn't want that seemed like it would be exactly what we needed! We drove back over there an hour or so later and sure enough, the desk was perfect. And free! I felt like Heavenly Father was telling me, "Don't worry. Go ahead and serve. I will help you with your other needs."
So we had a few pieces going into the new space...and then, I didn't know what to do with it after that. Luckily, I have a daughter-in-law who is every good at decorating! She created an AI image using our actual room and changing some things out based on her suggestions. I loved it! It had left out the desk and a bookshelf we would still need, but it gave us some great ideas to move forward.
We got a small sofa and a coffee table on Facebook marketplace. And the final furniture pieces were a different bookshelf and a closed cabinet that would hold Devin's school stuff behind closed doors. It was all coming together! And bonus that I've been selling a bunch of school stuff and the furniture we don't want anymore to mostly offset the costs of what I've bought. All that's left are little decorative pieces that will probably take some time to collect but aren't as urgent. It's a functional room now that is also pleasing. I love it! I'm excited for the change in the space.


No comments:
Post a Comment